Papers and Reports
The Right to the City permalink
(Forced) Eviction – Resettlement – Urban Planning [focus: Delhi, India] permalink
- Ahmad S., Balaban O., N.H. Doll C., Dreyfus M. (2013): Delhi revisited. Cities. Vol. 31. Pages 641-653.
- Baviskar, A. (2004). Between Violence and Desire: Space, Power and Identity in the Making of Metropolitan Delhi. International Social Science Journal. Vol. 55.
- Baviskar, A. (2011): What the Eye Does Not See: The Yamuna in the Imagination of Delhi. Economic and Political Weekly. Vol. 56, No. 50. Pages 45-53.
- Bhan, G. (2009): “This is no longer the city I once knew”. Evictions, the urban poor and the right to the city in millennial Delhi._ Environment & Urbanization. International institute for Environment and Development (IIED_), Vol. 21(1)
- Bhan, G. & Shivanand, S. (2013): (Un)Settling the City: Analysing Displacement in Delhi from 1990 to 2007. Economic and Political Weekly. Vol. 48, No. 13
- Bhan, G. (2013): Planned Illegalities: Housing and the 'Failure' of Planning in Delhi: 1947-2010. Economic and Political Weekly. Vol. 48, No.24
- Bhushan, P. (2004): “Supreme Court and PIL: Changing Perspectives, Economic & Political Weekly, Vol. 39 No. 18
- Chalana, M. & Rishi, S. (2016): Making Sense of the Order in the Disorder in Delhi’s Kathputli Colony: Understanding the "Other" Cities of Asia. In Messy Urbanism: Understanding the “Other” Cities of Asia
- Chatterjee, M. (1984): Viewpoints on Delhi's Master Plan: Report on a panel discussion, India International Centre Quarterly. Vol. 11, No. 1. Pages 27-55.
- Chatterjee, S. (2007): Children's Role in Humanizing Forced Evictions and Resettlements in Delhi. Children, Youth and Environments. Vol. 17, No. 1. Pages 198-221._ _
- Dupont, V. (2008): Slum Demolitions in Delhi since the 1990s: An Appraisal. Economic & Political Weekly. Vol. 43, No. 28. Pages 79-87.
- Follmann, A. (2015): Urban mega-projects for a ‘world-class’ riverfront: The interplay of informality, flexibility and exceptionality along the Yamuna in Delhi, India. Habitat International. Vol. 45, Part 3. Pages 213-222
- Ghertner, A. (2008): Analysis of New Legal Discourse Behind Delhi’s Slum Demolitions, Economic & Political Weekly , Vol. 43 No. (20)
- Housing and Land Rights Network (HLRN), New Delhi (2010): The Commonwealth Games: Whose Wealth? Whose Commons?
- Housing and Land Rights Network (HLRN), New Delhi (2019**) Handbook on the United Nations Basic Principles and Guidelines on Development-based Evictions and Displacement (Fifth Edition**)
- Lal, N. & Pradhan, A. (2019): Kheti and Khadar: Land and Rights on an Agrarian Floodplain. Interdisciplinary Unsettlings of Place and Space. Pages 135-149.
- Mehra, D. (2013): Planning Delhi ca. 1936–1959. South Asia: Journal of South Asian Studies. Vol. 36, Issue 3. Pages 354-374.
- Menon-Sen, K. (2006): ’Better to Have Died than to Live like This’: Women and Evictions in Delhi. Economic and Political Weekly. Vol. 41, No. 20. Pages 1969-1974.
- Pradhan, A. (2017): The Kathputli Conundrum: Slum redevelopment and the institutionalisation of unsustainability. Sustainable Cities in Asia.
- Priya, R. (1993): Town Planning, Public Health and Urban Poor: Some Explorations from Delhi. Economic and Political Weekly._ _Vol. 28, No. 17. Pages 824-834.
- Priyadarshini, D. (2017): Resettling Slums and Slum-Dwellers in Delhi: The view from Savda Ghevra. Indian Anthropologist. Vol. 47, Issue 1. Pages 69-84.
- Ramchandran, S. (2003): 'Operation Pushback': Sangh Parivar, State, Slums, and Surreptitious Bangladeshis in New Delhi. Economic and Political Weekly. Vol. 38, No. 7. Pages 637-647.
- Ramanathan, U. (2006): Illegality and the Urban Poor. Economic and Political Weekly. Vol. 41, No. 29. Pages 3193-3197.
- Rajagopal, B. (2007): Pro-Human Rights But Anti-Poor? A Critical Evaluation of the Indian Supreme Court from a Social Movement Perspective. _Human Rights Review. Vol. _18, No. 3.
- Read, C.J. (2012): A place in the city: Narratives of 'emplacement' in a Delhi resettlement neighbourhood. Ethnography. Vol. 13, No. 1. Pages 87-101.
- Sadana, R. (2018): “We Are Visioning It”: Aspirational Planning and the Material Landscapes of Delhi’s Metro. City & Society._ _Vol. 30, Issue 2. Pages 186-209.
- Youth for Unity and Voluntary Action, Mumbai (2017) Unequal Realities: Forced Evictions in Five Indian Cities (2016). City Say.